Volunteer for an IASP Working Group or Committee
Jun 13, 2016
Here is your chance to become more active and support IASP by joining one of our committees or working groups or volunteering your skills and expertise on a special project.
Why join? You will...
- Play an active role in shaping the future of IASP and in contributing to its mission of supporting the study of pain and improving pain relief worldwide
- Meet and exchange ideas with other IASP members from different countries and disciplines
- Enhance your professional development
- Help IASP provide the best possible service to its members
Here is the list of committees and working groups that need volunteers. In addition, if you would like to offer your expertise but don’t have the time to commit to a committee, we would still like to know more about you and see how you can assist with special projects.
- Audit Committee - Work with external accounting auditor to ensure compliance with accounting rules and regulations.
- Developing Countries Working Group - Develop the IASP strategy for advancing pain education in developing countries; develop guidelines, review applications and determine awardees for Developing Countries Education Grant; develop outcome measures for grant program and strategies.
- Education Initiatives Working Group - Develop pain education strategies and initiatives.
- Fellowship, Grants, and Awards Working Group - Develop the application process and select the winners of the IASP Research Symposium, the IASP Collaborative Research Grants, the IASP Early Career Grants, all IASP Fellowships, and the Congress-related awards.
- Finance Committee – Determine the amount of annual membership dues, prepare budget for Council approval, and make recommendations on reserve funds and investments.
- Financial Aid Working Group - Develop the application process and determine the Congress financial aid awards.
- International Pain Registry Working Group - Guide and aid in the development of the International Pain Registry (IPR).
- Membership and Chapters Committee -Develop membership recruitment and retention strategies, policies and procedures regarding the membership application process, Affiliate member (corporate) policies, and strategies to improve collaboration with IASP chapters and federations.
Most volunteer work is done via email and conference calls. English is the official language for all committee and working group activities.
How to apply:
To apply click here.
The deadline for responding is June 30, 2016. The Committee on Committees will review all applications in July and contact those who are selected. We hope you will review the opportunities to participate and that you will volunteer for a committee or working group that complements your interests.