IASP Developing Countries Collaborative Research Grants
Grant: One grant of up to US$15,000
The IASP Developing Countries Collaborative Research Grant supports international interdisciplinary collaborations in pain research, in a developing country (see list of eligible countries).
- Principal investigators in each country must have been a member of IASP for the past year.
- The principal investigator in charge of the overall project should be at a professional level of independence (i.e., a faculty-level academic appointment).
- At least one participating institute and investigator must be from a developing country.
The IASP Fellowships, Grants, and Awards Working Group will evaluate all proposals based on the following criteria:
- Scientific merit
- Qualifications of the investigators
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration
- The grants cover travel and accommodation costs to support collaborative research by two or more research groups located in different countries, at least one of which must be located in a developing country.
- Collaborations between basic science and clinical research groups will receive highest priority.
- IASP support will be in the form of a grant to an institution on behalf of the principal investigator of the project. The principal investigator is responsible for managing funds and must submit detailed financial and scientific reports within two years.
- The principal investigator’s scientific report must include information on activities and products generated with the help of the collaborative research award. These include publications and presentations at conferences, colloquia, or symposia as well as the generation of additional external support.
- Publications and other products arising from work this grant supports must acknowledge IASP as a source of funding.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted in English via the online application system and include all required documents, as stated in the online application guidelines.
Upload the following documents to the online application system:
- A description of the research project (Word document, four pages maximum including references, 11 pt. font, half-inch [1.27 cm] margins)
- IASP short-version curriculum vitae form of the principal investigator from each collaborating institution (template available in the online system)
- The principal investigator in charge of the overall project must provide a letter from his or her institutional official that includes:
- Evidence of professional independence (i.e., a faculty-level academic appointment)
- Nonprofit status of the institute
- Acknowledgment that neither the IASP nor the IASP Developing Countries Collaborative Research Grant will be liable (i.e., charged) for any indirect costs (overhead and handling fees) associated with the execution of the work described in the application
The deadline for receipt of applications is April 17, 2017, midnight Eastern U.S. time. Awardees will be announced by June 12, 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions, or call +1-202-524-5300.
Click here to see past winners of IASP Developing Countries Collaborative Research Grants.
Grant Management System provided by WizeHive